Capsicum Group's Leeza Garber, Esq., looks forward to presenting for the Philadelphia Bar Association on cybersecurity issues inherent in the field of mergers and acquisitions.
From the Philadelphia Bar Association: If you acquire a company without duly vetting its data protection practices, you are buying a cat in the sack and opening yourself up to great potential risk and cost.
This CLE program will highlight the key concerns when considering a target for acquisition. Panelists will examine how to assess how data is protected, what questions to ask and which documents to review. Panelists will also address how to reflect any findings or concerns in the deal documents, including representations and warranties, as well as, indemnification provisions. Finally, panelists will explore how cybersecurity insurance factors into the deal and helps companies mitigate their risk.
Attendees will hear:
- Tales from the trenches - what attorneys can learn from others' mistakes
- Cybersecurity assessments and privacy specific due diligence
- Privacy and information security reps and warranties
- Post-merger integration issues
- Cyberinsurance considerations
Join colleagues and continue the discussion at the Happy Hour immediately following the program.