Don’t Enter Court Without a Forensics Expert
Today, federal courts recognize the use of digital evidence in certain cases where electronic data exists and it is justifiable. The courts recognize that properly presented digital evidence is as irrefutable as a signed contract. In some cases, digital evidence may be the only existing evidence. And nowadays most companies, if not the majority, conduct their business online or electronically. Thus, an organization that retains a computer forensics team will certainly gain an advantage in court. In other words, you need a pro.
Experts in Digital Forensics
Capsicum is experienced in all areas of digital forensics, from the most complex to extremely sensitive. We were involved in the litigation of the largest trade secret infringement in recent years and have dealt with such cases as global bankruptcies, crimes against children, hackings, white-collar criminal defense, black box recoveries, employment issues, intellectual property theft, internal investigations and family law.
Our forensics team is comprised of attorneys, technologists, computer forensics specialists and e-discovery experts. We are recognized in the field of forensics as experts and have testified in state, federal and international courtrooms.
Experts in Investigations
A forensics investigation from Capsicum is an all-inclusive work approach, which starts at protocols and interviews, digital evidence collection and preservation, recovery of missing data, continues with analysis and hosting, and culminates in preparing affidavits, depositions, reports and testifying in court. And it doesn’t stop there if you need us.
Our consultants are certified private investigators and professionals who have worked in such government agencies as the SEC, FBI, NASA and U.S. Army Military Intelligence. We’ve investigated numerous cases—from white-collar crimes, fraud and security breaches, to national security and espionage, theft of intellectual property to corporate scandals as well as mergers and acquisitions.
As part of our services, we can assist you in fact finding, as well as analyzing and interpreting technology findings. And as a trusted, objective party, we will help you through the critical decision-making process so you’re well informed to determine final actions.
Our digital forensics services are comprehensive, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Investigations: Probe suspected computer-based crimes and computer intrusions.
- Computer System Security: Monitor services at the defense and intelligence community level.
- Computer Security & Computer Intrusion Avoidance: Plan incident-prevention training for a computer intrusion.
- Computer Forensics Planning, Analysis & Document Production: Prepare data for use in civil and criminal law cases.
- Computer Replacement: Clean and wipe hard drives of information with destruction certificates.
- Due Diligence: Run a computer technology evaluation.
- Third-Party Computer Forensics: Provide computer technology services and expert testimony acting as a neutral, third party.
Contact us to learn more about our digital forensics services and how we can help you.