Are You in Compliance?
Following the Rules Can Be Harder Than You Think.
Government regulations can be complex, convoluted and downright confusing at times, but Capsicum has the regulatory expertise and seasoned individuals whose reputations are well respected in both the public and private sectors.
Capsicum has developed a simple, yet comprehensive program that will ensure you’re compliant with regulations and policies concerning your customers’ privacy and personal digital information.
If you’re an organization that collects personally identifiable information or protected health information (PHI) online, or your organization belongs to an industry that is more highly regulated—such as financial, insurance and health services or any business dealing with the identities of children under age 13—we can help you navigate the bureaucracy.
Our team will assist you in complying with the most demanding regulatory acts, such as:
- Health Insurance Privacy and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical
- Health Act (HITECH)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB)
- Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
We use a team approach. So, besides greater efficiency with less impact to your organization, you’ll benefit from a broad multi-industry knowledge base, a coordinated compliance and technical effort, and in many cases, use of existing information platforms—all in an affordable package.
Our review process is multi-pronged:
- Assess: Review current policies, processes and technology to determine applicable regulations and analyze a composite of the organization’s requirements.
- Plan: Recommend actions, determine risks and benefits, develop estimates for remediation and summarize financial impacts (annualized) and potential ROI.
- Design: Develop detailed tasks and technology architecture necessary to execute the compliance program.
- Remediate: Articulate and document process changes with relevant controls isolated and technology to be acquired, installed or configured.
- Monitor/Upgrade: Follow up with an evaluation on a quarterly or semi-annual basis.
- Implement Compliance: Coordinate, consult and provide the appropriate documentation to comply.