Business Development Manager
In order to participate in the phenomenal growth of our markets, we need to communicate to our clients in a way that clearly translates our value. The right person for this role will be able to come into our dynamically changing environment, learn our services and our mission, and start selling to qualified opportunities in no time at all. As a Business Development Manager (BDM), you will lead the charge in starting our clients on their journey to a successful and growing relationship with Capsicum. Given our reputation and service offerings in rapidly growing markets, such as digital forensics and cyber security, you’ll maintain a consistent track record of unapologetically exceeding your quota.
- Successfully complete hands-on professional services training by participating in ongoing projects with emphasis on forensics, eDiscovery and cyber security and continue to maintain a steep learning curve throughout your tenure
- Utilizing digital marketing along with big data research to facilitate goal achievement
- Establish and build sustainable relationships with decision makers within law firms and legal departments navigating complex organizations to move the ball forward to ultimate deal closure
- Utilizing solution selling to close business based on value (not price), with Corporate Information Security Officers (CISO’s), Litigation Managers, and other key decision makers
- Collaborating with the wider sales team, marketing and service line leaders to turn opportunities into deals, share your front-line insights, and build the collective skills of the team.
- Exceeding your quota within the first year through disciplined execution of the sales process including prospecting, qualifying, presenting, proposing and closing
Job Holder Requirements Essential Criteria:
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in sales, legal marketing or account management
- You have a background in technology, law, and are familiar with the marketing and sales of professional services
- You have never met a goal you couldn’t stare down
- You are motivated by providing clients superior service and value
- You are confident enough in telling people more senior than you what they don’t really want to hear but need to hear to be successful
- You have incredibly strong written and verbal communications skills
- Your emotional intelligence is high giving you the ability to empathize and relate to people
- You have come to believe that feedback is a gift, and invite all the constructive criticism that will make you better
- You can handle ambiguous and chaotic times with composure while staying incredibly organized
Nice to haves:
- An advanced degree (JDE, MBA, etc.)
- Sales or marketing management experience
- Experience selling or marketing computer forensics or cyber security
Technical and personal skills:
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; Strong attention to detail; Good written and verbal communication skills; Working knowledge of forensics and electronic discovery; Must maintain client confidentiality; Must be able to work independently, exhibit professionalism, and work in a team-oriented environment; Must possess good judgment in making decisions and be creative in solving problems; Knowledge of Relativity and other litigation software; Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.