When Your Network is Breached, Incident Response is Critical
Technology is advancing and so is the sophistication of cyber threats. Today, it’s more important than ever to have a plan in place before an emergency arises to avoid chaos in a stressful situation.
Even the Most Secure Network are Breached.
And if a breach does occur, proper procedures must immediately be followed to ensure that such volatile evidence as RAM and log files are preserved. The importance of obtaining an experienced, knowledgeable security consultant can’t be stressed enough.
Be Vigilant. Hire an Incident Response Expert.
Our incident responders are skillful practitioners with many years of experience in capturing data and analyzing even the most intricate computer breaches. We spring into action, working to first limit its impact and then identify the source of the infiltration.
In addition, we perform a network forensics investigation—examining your infrastructure and setting up detection devices such as anti-virus software and IDS (intrusion detection systems). We will determine if and where it has spread in your network by using patterns to identify other infected machines, as well as anticipate where it may spread in order to mitigate the problem.
A Capsicum Incident Response includes:
- Data Collection: Capture data to preserve evidence—both volatile and static information in your system.
- Forensic Analysis: Analyze the evidence to identify the route of the attack and the intruder.
- Legal Support: Collaborate with your legal team or law enforcement in drafting subpoenas and other documents to establish the identity of the intruder.
- Threat Removal: Manage and support the eradication of the issue.
- Technology Remediation Plus: Examine and deploy recommended security solutions for your network.
According to a study by the Ponemon Institute, the average organizational cost of a data breach was $7.2 million, costing companies an average of $214 per compromised record.